Updates & Events
Updates and Events
- May 5: AP Human Geography Exam
- May 7: ALS Walk
- May 9 - 12: Explore Week/Fieldwork
- May 13: Career Day
- May 30: Memorial Day (School Closed)
- June 9: Anniversary Day (Students are not in attendance.)
- June 14: Last day of classes
- June 15 - 24: PBAT/Regents Week
- June 20: Juneteenth Observed (School Closed)
- June 24: KH Senior Graduation
- June 27: Last Day of School
Opportunities for Students
$500 High School Senior Scholarship
Open to all high school seniors in the Class of 2022. Log in or create a free account to apply. Click HERE for more information, to apply, and other scholarships. DEADLINE: June 1, 2022
- Bossgirls, a free entrepreneurship program for high school girls from the Zahn Innovation Center at the City College of New York, is now taking applications for Summer 2022 (hybrid*). Students work in teams to discover a problem, and build a startup idea that solves the problem. They'll gain new skills, develop greater confidence, and make new friends along the way. As an added bonus, students are provided with mentorship through our sponsors at Standard Chartered, and they hear from women entrepreneurs throughout the program. Find the application & more info here: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/zahn/bossgirls
The application for Summer 2022 (hybrid*) is now open. We will be taking applications from current 9th-12th graders (who identify as female or non-binary) on a rolling basis. Applications will close on April 24, 2022.
- The Fellowship InitiativeI is a college preparatory program sponsored by JP Morgan Chase, and partnered with Brothers@ through Bard College, that offers resources to young men of color that are not normally accessible. TFI is a three year program that recruits students at the end of their freshman year and provides support to students until their senior year of high school ends. After high school they are then enrolled in our alumni program to receive support in college. Although they usually recruit freshmen, they are currently looking for 11th graders to fill open slots. We are recruiting young men of color in the 11th grade who are willing to attend two Saturday sessions a month at LaGuardia Community College. However due to Covid, students must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in the program, and to enter LaGuardia Community College. Interested students should complete this Interest Form. Students must complete this form ASAP.
- The Summer Youth Career Ready Application is Open. One of our partners from the Hebrew Educational Society is looking for 50 students (aged 16+) from our school to apply. Please use the PIN # above when logging in to the website:The pin to use when applying is CR-91169. APPLY HERE!!!
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Zeta Zeta Lambda chapter presents an annual 1 time scholarship of $1000to NYC High School Male Seniors, who exhibit leadership abilities and participate in community service activities. There are 3 ways for applicants to apply:
Upcoming Open Houses
Please join us for our Virtual Open House where every seat is a front-row seat and every family is greeted cheerfully. Learn about Kurt Hahn culture, our program and what makes our high school unique through an interactive presentation given by our school leaders, staff and students. Consider Kurt Hahn as you complete your high school application in MySchools. Please see the flier and school calendar on our home page for more details.
We look forward to meeting you!
We are always happy to hear from prospective families and answer any questions. Feel free to contact us by phone or email.
Dr. Adeola Alexander, Guidance Counselor 11th & 12th
Student Led Conferences
This year, SLCs will take place on March 16 and 18. Your CREW teacher will be reaching out to your parent to make an appointment.
- During SLCs, students will prepare a presentation of how they are adapting to online learning, set goals for the remainder of the 1st marking period and the 2nd marking period.
- Student will also prepare to discuss their Habits of Work and the 5 Commitments.
The 2nd Semester - 1st marking period closes on March 31st, 2022.
The 2nd Semester - 2nd marking period closes on June 14th, 2022.
All New York City Public School families can get up to $50 monthly internet credit. The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is helping families stay connected during COVID-19 Pandemic. Refer to the link to determine eligibility, how to apply, and find a broadband provider. Please note that program will last until the funding runs out. Help get the word out!!!!
Pandemic EBT Funds for the 2020-2021 School Year are still In Progress
The first distribution of P-EBT funds for the 2020-2021 school year are well underway and will continue to be issued over the next several weeks. Funds are being distributed in two waves:
Distribution 1 covers September 2020–March 2021 and is currently being issued.
Distribution 2 covers April–June 2021 and is expected to start being issued in the fall.
Timing of when families receive the funds may vary depending on a child’s school and whether the funds are going on an existing card or if a new card needs to be mailed. Visit our website for more information.
Please hold on to your card!
Call EBT Customer Service 1-888-328-6399 to check your balance, activate a card, or request a replacement card.
Call the NY State P-EBT Hotline 1-833-452-0096 if you are having trouble activating a card.
Past Events: Highlights
Spring 2020 Symposium on Racial Justice. See our feature on the NYC Outward Bound Schools website.